Public authorities, NSDI subjects are (NN 56/13, 52/18, 50/20):
- state bodies
- national, regional and local level bodies and
- legal persons with public responsibilities.
The third party can become an NSDI subject but it has to satisfy some condition (NN 56/13, 52/18, 50/20)
- spatial data sources are within its scope of work
- spatial data sources within its scope of work are included on the list of spatial data themes
- spatial data sources within its scope of work are in line with technical requirements or rather the NSDI Implementation Rules
- receive a positive decision from the Council of NSDI
- prepare the data and metadata and include them in the NSDI
- take care for their update
- prepare the spatial data ICT systems and include them in the NSDI
- meet all other obligations derived from the Law (NN 56/13, 52/18,050/20).